My New Year Wishes

ci1

I was thinking of what I would like to see changing for the new year and one thing is I'd love to walk into a shop to get the paper or magazine and not see either Posh Spice/Amy Winehouse/Kylie Minogue/Danielle Lloyd/Jordan to name but a few taking up the pages with useless, unhelpful and uninteresting stories/anecdotes/what they're wearing/or not wearing in some cases/who they're sleeping with etc etc. I'm sick and tired of the lot of them.

I'd love the media/mags/papers to come to an ultimate decision to not include any of them in any of their publications for just one year and give the rest of us a break from them and their talentless skinny bodies.

I'm 32 and I beleive all the above are either the same age or younger and I'm wondering do I have to look and read about them every day for the rest of my life as long as they're famous???

Rant over

I agree with the gist of this - but are you not just buying the wrong publications?

I think these twerps are usually fairly easy to avoid.

I've no doubt there is if you go looking but if I'm just running in and out of the shop to grab a paper or mag to read at lunchtime, I don't want to trawl through every publication on the shelf to find something that doesn't hold one or all or half of these people taking up the pages when there are far more interesting things going on.

To be honest I would generally buy the weekend newspapers but I want to know whats going on out there with real people not these fakes ones. I don't see the need for them to be in the pages because they got their bits out for the camera or decided to go on a drink/drug binge ala Amy Winehouse or Britney!! And its every single day no fail, one of them is there taking up the pages.

I would get a magazine to read most days at lunchtime, I would generally buy them for articles on other things but and I still find it tough going to go to the magazine shelf and not manage to see one of them looking back at me from the front over so I'm just not buying them anymore.

Its just getting boring!

I don't see the need for them to be in the pages because they got their bits out for the camera or decided to go on a drink/drug binge ala Amy Winehouse or Britney!! And its every single day no fail, one of them is there taking up the pages.
But what did you think of her stretcher incident overnight?

....... and now they're taking up these pages :D

Would have to agree.

Whilst she might be a very nice lady I'm sick and tired of seeing Fern Britton on both telly and in magazines.

The overnight incident where she was stretchered out sitting up on the gurney waving at everyone?
I heard about it on the radio and now I've heard about it here, and no doubt its in the papers this evening and probably tomrrow and then Now Mag will run an article on it and god knows how many others.

I don't mean to be heartless but who cares!!

I'm just wondering are they gonna be shoved in my face for the rest of my living life???

Ummm.....probably! When new people come along to take over the pages and they don't make enough noise, the papers will resurrect the current 'celebs' with 'what they're doing now' and before and after 'fame' shots. These people make a career from appearing in newspapers and magazines and will do whatever it takes for that to happen e.g Kerry Katona probably pays the papers to have her photo published at this stage :D

Then we have Big Brother to thank for their work in churning out more of 'em!

The overnight incident where she was stretchered out sitting up on the gurney waving at everyone?
I don't know - you seem to know more about it than me! :) I just heard a colleague mention something about it today before I switched off...

Well I heard it on the radio initially and then someone in work mentioned that she was waving at everyone while they were carting her off...

People are forever moaning about the tabloid press but they always seem to know exactly what's in them. Funny that.

Originally Posted by Rabbit
The above are not too bad compared with solicitor Gerard Kean ( I think thats his name anyway...y'know the fat fellow with Flatleys old partner ).
You'll be sorry to hear he's not fat anymore - article on the pair of them in Sunday Indo's Life magazine before Christmas! In fairness I've heard him commenting on serious issues on Sunday radio and that showed there's more to him than the flamboyant character usually portrayed.

Back