My computer has decided to change all my fonts

Hibernicatio

I dont know what I have done but all the text in my computer has automatically changed to italic, including the web browser and saved files.

Has anyone seen this before and more importantly how do I change it back?

Your original post didn't mention this pertinent information and made it sound like it happened spontaneously:
all the text in my computer has automatically changed to italic
What program did you install?

I dont know what I have done but all the text in my computer has automatically changed to italic, including the web browser and saved files.

Has anyone seen this before and more importantly how do I change it back?

Hi mates,

It also happened to me after I accessed an official site from a famous car vendor in France. Definitely weird! After that, most of my web browser content was displayed in italic. Also, some of my word documents would always open in italic. Since I had no idea on how to solve the problem I just got used to the italic style. After some months I started to get annoyed by this italic font and decided to investigate this problem. That was how I got to this site where I am writing in now. Well…. I found out that the Arial font (one of the most used true type fonts everywhere) had been just deleted from my computer. Select “Start -> Run %windir%\Fonts” on XP to check if you have the Arial Font in the Fonts directory, for instance. Since the Arial font was missing, all the programs that use Arial would use its sister, Arial Italic, instead. I looked for free downloads of MS fonts and found the following site: http://www.slovo.info/unifonts.htm. Running the program arial32.exe resulted in the installation of the Arial font that was missing and my browser and word worked fine again. Maybe I will miss that italic look…

Cheers,

Informatica, Brazil.

Back