My chimney saga..

legend99

right, had plumber out to fit gas fire last Thursday. After 10 mins he arrives into me says he can't fit it....cut a long story short, my chimney is blocked with a concrete block. Builders still on site, cue a bit of a rant in their office and they arrive up and the they manage to get the block out but the block caused any cement falling down the chimney during its build to get stuck behind it and after the block comes out there is a big lump of cement left.
The next morning when I'm at work they come back to my wife and cue banging etc. and they tell her its out. Now I've gone and looked up the chimney and have 99.9% definite that they have broken one of the chimney liners in getting the blockage out. The liner is cracked I think at the back side rather than the front of the chimney breast side.

So, do I assume that I cannot get a fire fitted until this liner is fixed. And in that case, i assume that we're now looking at them having to cut into the chimney breast to faciliate this? or can you fit a gas fire with a damaged liner?

as far as i know the builder is responsible for 1 years Maintenance so call them

Back