Mving to AIG: Need Quinn letter stating the dates that I was insured with them.

Killter

Hi Folks,

Im trying to get a letter from Quinn stating the dates that I was insured with them over the last few years for my new insurance premium with AIG.

Although the girl can tell me exact dates & details, she wont put it in writing and sent it to me.

They'll only do this if I've been stopped by the guards and they have requested the info.

Anyone know why this is? It's going to cost me a small fortune if I can't prove my previous insurance history with my new insurers. Is there a way around this does anyone know?

Thanks lads.

Killter

Re: Trouble with a Quinn letter

Is there a way around this does anyone know?

These letters are often issued. I would try talking to someone else or drop into them. Failing that you can use the [broken link removed]to request a copy of all the Data they hold on you.

Look to speak to her team leader. Standard practice to get a letter like that! Were you insured on someone else's policy or was it your own? If it was yours, how come you dont have a no-claims bonus?

Did they not issue this information when your previous policy with them expired?

Were you insured on someone else's policy or was it your own? If it was yours, how come you dont have a no-claims bonus?

Both-insured on my own work van and on the wifes car. I rang Quinn twice-hoping to get a better attitude from the second employee-and it was the same story, except the second girl was alot ruder. They don't seem to grasp the concept of good customer relations, or even the basic concept of being polite.

I do have a no claims bonus, but trying to get the dates that I was insured for onto paper seems obscure to them.

Ill try a teamleader tommorow.

No such letter was issued when the policy ended.

Thanks folks-I thought it odd alright.

They're obligied to issue you with a no-claims bonus when they issue your renewal letter - so that you dont have this problem and that you are free to go elsewhere.

I would call again, and ask for the most superior person there to talk about it.

They have to give you the dates, its probably in front of them on the computer screen too!

you are a named driver. If the Policyholder contacts them, they might get better service.

Thanks everyone.
The main policy holder - my wife- rang and got the same speil as I did. Will ring tomorrow and do as advised=ask to speak to senior person on site.

Cheers,
Killter

I'm insured with Quinn, great rates the best on the market for me, but these kind of stories are the reason I am calling every insurance company trying to get an equal or even close premium to Quinns. If I can I will run from Quinn as fast as I can. If not I will put up with this s*** from Quinn. Good luck with it Killter.

As stated above you are only a named driver and are not even legally obliged to receive that information when you contacted them.

Your wife is the person whom the contract is with as you said that will sort out anything.

Failing that send an e-mail to sean.quinn@quinn-insurance.com