Mustang Convertible rental in Florida

Ron Burgundy

Hi,

Looking for somewhere to hire a convertilbe ( mustang if possible ) in Florida next feb.

I hored from alamo last time and found them very good, don't mind spending a few quid as its our honeymoon.

I'll need to pick it up in Miami and return in Orlando.

A mate of mine hired one with Hertz in Las Vegas recently; cost about €700 for 10 days; this included all taxes, CDW, unlimited mileage etc (prepaid rate).

www.hertz.ie

Hertz have the mustangs as they are connected with Ford

Try to get a black one with the yellow stripes.

I saw one in Chicago last time I was there and it looked great....Its a Hertz special

Hired one last year with 'Dollar', found them the cheapest at the time. Just requested a mid size car and got a mustang convert.... Touring around the Hamptons was fab, with the weather and the lid down... Will do again.
Didn't book on the net, checked though, went to locat dollar agency and got there.

Not sure if they do a Mustang, but car Hire 3000 seam to offer good value. I do not know any thing about them. However for a basic car, there total cost of hire looks very competitive.

I hired a Mustang from Hertz in San Francisco a while back.

Oh man... you're going to love it!

Just be careful on tight bends... they're rear-wheel drive and weigh more than your average Mondeo - you could lose it at higher speeds.

Insist on Sat Nav when booking... they tried to get out of giving one to me because "it's a sports car". Bulls**t.

I hired a Mustang from Hertz in San Francisco a while back.

Insist on Sat Nav when booking... they tried to get out of giving one to me because "it's a sports car". Bulls**t.

I personally wouldn't insist on Sat Nav, don't think it is really necessary in the States.

I was told they don't tend to put Sat Nav in convertibles

Also, I think Sat Nav is a must for the states....gotten lost plenty of times over there and it was a great help, especially when you are in the suburbs...it looks all the same in them

I'd skip the sat-nav and just get a good map myself.

Regarding the best price, book a compact 3 door car with Hertz - they never have them in the compound. When you arrive insist on the 3 door car, watch as they try to persuade you that you really should upgrade to a bigger car, keep on insisting and then they will give you an automatic upgrade to a larger car. At that stage request your convertible - it is cheaper to upgrade from a mid-size......