Music system for business premises

C

cheeky

Hi,
I'm setting up in a new business premises and want a music system that will play the same music in 5 different rooms from the one source.
I've seen a few pc based systems but they are very pricey.
Basically if it can be done with an ordinary stereo and amps or something that would suit me. Any advise would be appreciated!

you mat be aware already:
not to put a downer on it but you will have to purchase some form of a licence from IMRO to play music in your business place.

http://www.imro.ie/ FAQ:

Why Is An IMRO Licence Necessary?
Besides the arguments set out justifying the existence of copyright, which were mentioned above, being the social, economic and cultural arguments, copyright music is protected under the Copyright and Related Rights Act 2000 of Ireland. This Act, amongst other things, sets out the so called "Restricted Acts" which means such acts cannot be done without the permission or authority of the owner of the creation. It is, therefore, illegal to use copyright music in a public place or in a programme broadcast without the authority of the copyright owner or his representative.

Youre just limited by budget really. Sonos would be on the upper end, have a look on [broken link removed]

I've just had a look at that stuff on ebay. Very interesting.

I have an with 5 Onkyo speakers and a sub woofer. The two rear surround speakers are wired at the moment.

Is there someway of making these wireless?? If you look at this Bose one it is similar to what I am looking for except that the receiver is wired to both speakers so you don't really eliminate the wires.

Ideally what I am looking for is a transmitter that I can attach to the Onkyo receiver above which will
a)transmit to either the current rear speakers I have with a wireless receiver attached or
b)two new rear speakers with similar spec to the ones I have, which have their own in built wireless receivers

Can anyone recommend something for me here?? I don't want to buy cheap crappy speakers which would degragate the sound I have currently. Are these wireless transmitters bog standard and compatible with most receivers??

Thanks for any help

Back