music downloads

flyconn

Whoops, posted on the wrong forum, have just moved it...

I am new to the whole music download thing- I started with Limewire but then decided to go the legit route and came across a website called googlereview (is this kosher?) who recommed a website callled unlimitedmp3music.com. I had a look at it and on impulse signed up for unlimited music (through paypal account) for 2 years. Now I go to download the music but the software I have to download comes up with a security warning saying it can't be verified. So now I have the dilemma of taking a chance with the software (have a current edition of mcafee security suite but am still worried that nasties could be downloaded), or forgetting about it altogether and losing $40.

Has anyone out there come across this website? Any suggestions as to how to proceed?????

why not try www.youtube.com or www.myspace.com lots of good stuff on there and its all free

I've tried the above but need to subscribe to download. Does anyone know what I doing wrong if anything. BTW I thought any 'free' music is illegal and I don't want to subscribe to any illegal sites. Am using a Sony MP3 so I can't subscribe to iTunes. I have searched previous threads but am still in same position as Flyconn.

I am afraid u have fallen for a bit of a scam here-there are a number of sites like this promising "billions" of free downloads but all they are doing is giving u links to P2P sites that u could find youirself anyway.

Definitely sounds like a scam.
Why not try WinMX?
[broken link removed]
It is p2p but there is a legit offer if you like think it's c.$20 per year but you can also download a patch for it if you like free access u could pm me for more info.

I don't like the idea of the subscription services myself - I prefer to pay for the song once and know that I own it. Full stop. I don't fancy the site I am subscribing to going out of business and me losing the rights to all my downloaded music.

BTW Just because you are not using an iPod doesn't mean you can't use iTunes. You can download songs from iTunes in Protected AAC format, burn them to a CD and then rip them back again as MP3.

While this is not covered by the Ts and Cs, I (any many others) regard it as quasi-legal: as far as I am concerned, I've paid for the song (the artist and others are getting their cut) so should be able to play the song on any device.

Doesn't Sony have a download service as well?

Or just convert aac to mp3on your pc. without lsing audio quality by burning and ripping again.

BTW...downloading music from itunes is quite expensive.
I did a search for guns n' roses and it seem it's €0.99 per song and bear in mind that some artists have up to 16-18 songs per album. Meaning that if you buy the songs on itunes you spen up to €18, but no album normally cost that much to buy in the shops + the cds have higher quality audio.
But maybe itunes offers a dicount on bulk downloads? as i said i only used the ''store'' once or twice.

It is dearer to buy songs individually on iTunes, as you have said above an album could cost between €15 and €20. However you can buy the album itself and it is usually between €9 and €13... Also quite often on iTunes there will be bonus extra tracks which is nice if you are a fan of a particular artist.

Yes, so basically there is a discount for D/Ling in bulk, ie. an album at a time.

coz its christmas. www.albumbase.com be patient with it and it can be great

Thanks Car