Munich & surrounding area tips

wanderer

Hi,

I will be heading to Munich on business for 2 days so will probabaly have time to see the City then.

I am considering staying over the weekend (fri-mon) and would really prefer to get away from the city, perhaps the Alps etc. into Switzerland or Austria.

Has anyone done this before & is it doable in that time-frame? i.e back to Munich mon. afternoon?

Any other suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

If you rent a car yes, it is very feasible. What is it you want to see ? Munich has enough sights for a whole weekend.

Well, will have Tuesday night, Wed & Thurs afternoon & eve. available to take in Munich.

So thought perhaps i'd head to Neuschwanstein, Alps, perhaps one or two Tyrol villages on the Fri-Mon.

Try not to go to Neuschwanstein on the Sat/Sun..Probably best to leave it till Monday. You could drive down to Salzburg, and from there make your way through the mountains to Innsbruck and then back up to Germany take in some more nice scenery and lovely towns( Mittenwald, Bad Tölz) on your way to Fuessen

The drive down to Salzburg is beautiful. Make the trip for the views of the Alps alone...

If you're driving towards Austria I'd recommend the area around Berchtesgarten and Konigsee. This is on the German-Austrian border and the views of the Alps around here are great. I remeber there being a salt mine here as well as a spa, and of course the infamous Eagles Nest.

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for the great info.
Can now sit down and plan a decent journey!

perhaps that wickedly expensive camera will have a use after all...

Wanderer

Back