Mum's 60 in 17 days - what to get for her b-day

ACA

Hi all, Mum is 60 very shortly and we're having problems knowing what to get her. She doesn't want a party or a short/long break, me and my sisters haven't got a clue what to be getting her - her partner is 60 too this year, so we were thinking of a combined pressie to be used/taken around August/September. Everything that we can think of either she (or one of us) pooh pooh. Driven 1/2 demented at this stage:mad: can't just let the day pass - does anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:
My mother was the same nightmare to buy for!!For her 60th we got gorgeous A4 papers from Daintree on camden st - there was a mix of some with flower petals in them and lovely textures as well. We got a load of old photos from her past and printed them on on the paper using our printer at home. We then put them into a nice photo album ranging from when she was a baby through to now. We wrote little comments through it and stuck in tickets from days out and things. She absolutley loved in and thought it was great, she forces any visitors to read through it when they are in the house!!

My mam and dad were the same coming up to their 60th. They didn't want us booking a holiday but we just did anyway.
Got them a meditteranean cruise and after them saying they didn't want to go away they were so delighted they went and had a great time.

I'm sure if you arranged the holiday they would be delighted anyway.

We also booked a Med cruise for our Mothers 60th. It wasn't cheap but as the cost was spread across seven siblings it didn't break the bank.

Back