Mumbai & India

CN624

Heading to India for 3 weeks in September, anyone know a good hotel in Mumbai?

Would you recommend staying in Mumbai for a couple of days or getting out asap? Seems that a lot of people have very little good to say about the cities in India.

I would stay there a couple of days, it’s a very interesting place, maybe on your way back though so you are a little more accustomed to India. We stayed in the Garden hotel in Colohba I think the name was but I will check the guidebook for you, I can’t remember it off hand. Go down to the gate of India at sunrise and watch the laughing yoga, absolutely brilliant.

CN624 said:

Would you recommend staying in Mumbai for a couple of days or getting out asap? Seems that a lot of people have very little good to say about the cities in India.
Don't know if it will be in budget (it won't be) but there is only one place to stay in India for luxury... http://www.theleela.com/

Stayed in the one in Bangalore and its the best hotel I have ever stayed in...bill was very high though (wasn't paying myself)

That's miles away from anywhere, about 45 mins from the centre. The nicest hotel in Mumbai is the Taj but its 350 a night. We only went in for tea, absolutely beautiful

mumbai is a great intro to india........stay a few days to adjust to the people, customs heat etc.

The leela is right beside the international airport in mumbai. I stayed in the orchid, also close to airport.

That was under 100 a night, as was fine. Nothing too luxurious, but then again I was in it for 5 weeks so got very tired of it. It is perfect for a night or two.

Mumbai is a huge city but beware India is not the type of country you get a bus into town and walk around looking at the sites. You will not believe the amount of people everywhere.

I met a lovely taxi man when I was there. I was on business and he took us every day. At the weekend he brought us off to laods of places. markets, shops whatever you want. he has brilliatn English and will walk around market with you and keep an eye out for you.

If you want his number I can give it to you. just pm me. One of my friends was passing through and got in touch with him. She was delighted as she got quick tour of the city in a day.

LEt me know if you need anyway. Up to you.

recon Taj,oberoi,holiday inn,sheraton,four seasons any of these will have high standard service and guaranteed pleasent stay..but expensive too

This [broken link removed] might make your decision easier.