Multi-room music system

K

kendi

Can anyone recommend a good multi-room music system? I would like something that allows you to play different CD/MP3/radio in different rooms at the same time. Sound quality must be of high order.

Ultimate multi-room MP3/Internet Radio system is Sonos. Expensive, but an absoutley quality product.

There are a few threads on these already here, use the search facility to locate.
Leo

Try Bang and Olufsen, they will install all the wiring and everything. Expensive though...

I thought I felt something in the air this morning

Sonos is the way to go, far superior in terms of features, scaleablilty etc, has so many advantages over similar systems, would take me a good half of my lunch break to go into it (have done before on AAM). In terms of price, any multiroom system is expensive, thats just life (for the moment). THe philips system is more reasonable, but in my opinion very limited and not great feature wise. The sonos, compared to other multiroom systems is actaully quite reasonable priced (although I will say that multiroom systems are overpriced in general, but hopefully that will change as time moves on).

Take a look a the sonos website www.sonos.com

Wexfordman

Johnniekippe - sounds interesting. Just wondering if you ordered it direct from US. If so, how much did it work out at and how much was the postage. How long did it take to arrive. Have had a quick look at both US and UK web sites and seems a big price difference. Thanks.

Sorry, I don't have the exact figures anymore (got it a year ago). Just ordered at Sonos.com. I think delivery was a couple of weeks.

They are available in Sony Stores here in Ireland.

I ordered my Sonos off eBay.com, brand new, shipped from US (as a gift ). Cost me 1100 euro, compared to 1500euro in Sony Store.