Multi-fuel/Wood burning stove

Brigid

We need to get a stove which will give an output of about 10kw. There are so many out there! I got a brochure recently for an Arada stove, made in Britain and recommended by the sales person ... also told that Nestor Martins are good and Huntingtons and a family member has a Yodal which is Scandinavian. I would favour one which has a plate for cooking on top and obviously has high efficience. I was wondering if any one has any thoughts of either ones that you have been very happy with or wouldnt go near? We already have a Boru Stove which heats the water but possibly due to the plumbing situation, doesnt do the radiators! We wont buy Boru again!

Very many thanks in adance.

I had a Clearview 500 installed in 2011. It’s as good as new. You might need a “650”
Check them out. We don’t have rads on it.

I had a Clearview 500 installed in 2011. It’s as good as new. You might need a “650”
Check them out. We don’t have rads on it.
Thank you. We won't have rads off our one either. Will check it out. Thanks.

An extension to my earlier question... Does anyone know of a good 10 kW stove which would have a plate for cooking on it? The Morso look great and i have a rep coming to discuss later in the week, but the Morso doesn't seem to have a range with a cooking facility. Thanks very much .

I'm looking at stoves, and like the Stovax models. They do a cooking ones:

Edit: link is woodburning stove. There's an optional extra to make it multi-fuel.

Last edited:
I'm only guessing: could Yodal be a phonetic rendering of the salesperson's version of a Norwegian Jøtul stove. We've had one for 30 years. Fabulous beast! Will boil a kettle or cook a stew on top too.

I've owned stoves for over 29 years. Got rid of home heating bills. I would suggest morso or jotul, as the best brands. One thing I've learned, with the bigger models - you will be working hard to feed them in winter. With jotul, go for clean burn. I only need to clean the ash once a year. I have wood burning model only, as have a constant supply of logs.

I originally posted this about June of last year.

We need to get a stove which will give an output of about 10kw. There are so many out there! I got a brochure recently for an Arada stove, made in Britain and recommended by the sales person ... also told that Nestor Martins are good and Huntingtons and a family member has a Yodal which is Scandinavian. I would favour one which has a plate for cooking on top and obviously has high efficiency. I was wondering if any one has any thoughts of either ones that you have been very happy with or wouldnt go near? We already have a Boru Stove which heats the water but possibly due to the plumbing situation, doesnt do the radiators! We wont buy Boru again!

We still haven't purchased and before we do I just wanted to see if anyone has any further experiences.

Again, thanks very much in advance for taking the time to respond.

Back