Multi-fuel stove: back boiler or not?

record

I am looking at getting a multi-fuel stove installed in our living room. I am considering either a stand-alone type (i.e. only heats up the room), or else a back boiler type (to heat radiators as well).

It will cost me about an extra €2,000 to get the back-boiler type, as I would need a new hot water cylinder, as well as signigicant extra plumbing, plus the extra cost of a much bigger stove. I do not have a ready access to turf or wood - I would need to buy all my fuel basically. I also have an oil booiler that can heat up the radiators.

My question is this: Is it worth getting the back-boiler model?

I understand that you cannot put TRVs on all the radiators if you have a stove, as otherwise the system could overheat. This seems to be a disadvantage if you are using the oil boiler for most of your needs as you lose a certain amount of control of the system, thus costing you more money.

I'd greatly welcome any advice or opinions on the above!

This depends on the use that the stove will get. Do not expect the stove to have the same output/heat up time, as the oil boiler.
You can fit trv's on the radiators as long as there is a 1 inch primary gravity circuit (copper pipe)installed between the stove and a new dual coil cylinder (will need to be fitted).