multi fuel boilers

Dmack

Thinking of getting a multi fuel boiler to replace my oil fired boiler( its on its last legs and will have to be replaced anyway) I`m just wondering has anybody installed these boilers in their houses and are they difficult to install and also is there adequate heat from them

Thanks

hi

we installed a solid fuel stove last november, we used oil until then, the system we have now is dual oil if we want to use that but we use the stove all winter and what a difference we burn eco coal with a hardwood timber,
strange but the house is a lot warmer with the solid fuel and way cheaper, the install cost is quiet high eg purchase of stove/plumber to install/materials
our cost all in just over 2k incl boiler but i done a lot of the work myself so expect anything between 3k to 4k for a proper job all in but its worth it

Hi thelimit, thanks for the feedback, that`s a good system you have there and I was considering that initially but there would be serious destruction and remedial works and expense to get pipe work from fireplace to hotpress (to all people building a house now allow for a backboiler during construction even if you don`t intend on using it you might in years to come) thats why I was looking @ the multi fuel boiler, there would be no internal work just probably a bit of breaking in the shed eg flue through wall, the problem is that I don`t know anybody that use them, I`m just concerned will they provide sufficient heat for the house

...to all people building a house now allow for a backboiler during construction even if you don`t intend on using it you might in years to come

Be very careful that whoever installs this knows exactly what they are doing and are aware of the potential issues.