Multi fuel boiler stove+"Eco-Connect" to combine gfch?min flue height spaceheat stov

metromary

Looking for advice on this. At the moment we have gas central heating which is a sealed system and we're looking into getting a multifuel boiler stove to help cut down on our reliance on gas. My head is fit to burst as I've been given so much conflicting advice. Our main problem is the room which we spend most of our time and require the majority of heat has a glass roof and wall on which we could fit a spaceheating stove is the boundry wall with our neighbour. We have a chimney in the front room of the house but as I work from home and use that as a waiting room there is little point in fitting a spaceheating stove as it would do nothing to help with heating our "living space". My wishlist is to have a boiler stove in the front room heating the rads (12 =2 double,6 single & 4 small)during the day and simply using the gas for instant heat when/if required. What looks like the solution to the sealed versus open central heating problem is the Eco -Connect, but my main concern is what happens in the event of a powercut? and/or water cut off? Will the boiler explode if it gets too hot? (worst case scenario I know but has me uneasy no matter how remote the possibility)Also cost IS a factor so has anyone any experience with this product and any clue how much it would cost to supply and fit? not to mention aprox cost to supply and fit boiler stove. Alternatively anyone any suggestions on fitting a space heating stove in an area with a glass roof? The extention is 5m from the existing house an is single story. how high would the twin lined flue need to be to avoid problems such as downdraft and/or poor extraction.

Back