Mulberry Castleknock

clann

Can anyone tell me what the area is like. How far is it from the nearest train station. Thanks

The residents of mulberry are trying to sue fingal CC over noise pollution from the M50, even given the fact that road was built before the estate and people buying the houses new full well what they where getting into.

The nearest train station is the one in coolmine a good size walk from mulberry.

There is a lot of traffic on the road outside the estate.

Green sites around the estate could be possible future development.

I like the houses in Mulberry and its a nice small contained estate, its the closest you'll get to castleknock without paying castleknock money.

Given current crazy house prices theres a 4 bed semi for 630 which dosen't seem hugh money.

We are currently considering purchasing a property at Mulberry and will appreciate any information. We have visited the estate on numerous occassion. And fairly happy with it apart from the noise from M50 and the traffic in the mornings ( which we can accomodate for the right price). we arenot familiar with the area either but have a preference to be close enough to Knockmaroon\Chapelizoid.

A budget of about (500 - 550K) depending on the state of the property. |Do you think we can get something within this window in the estate. I will appreciate your comments and tips.

The traffic is probably the least of your concerns.

Currently there is a huge problem with child ( primary ) school places in the area. Although, it's understood that accomodations are being made this may involve sending your Children to schools which may be a fair commute from area.

The traffic is the bigger problem IMO. Theres usually a tailback from Knockmaroon\Chapelizoid. All the way to Mulberry. Unless you leave before 7 or after 9.15 you'll be queued all the way. Take a look at your likely routes on monday morning before you make a decision. School places are extremely limited. If you do get a place in a school nearby, it maybe not in a school that you'd like or is practical to get to. The whole area is saturated with traffic at peak. So while it might take 5 mins to get to a school. It might take you 30~40mins to get back from it. Personally I don't see the attraction in Mulberry. Its not right beside anything, you've bad traffic for access. You've M50 noise all the time. I guess its cheaper for those reasons though. IMO a house like this http://tinyurl.com/2x33h8 is in a better location. Closer to shops, train, no M50 noise. You've still got the traffic problems unfortunately. Of course if you can cycle the traffic problems go away.

I live in Riverwood, have done for the past 6 years or so. We looked at Mulberry when investigating the area in 2000, it can only have gotten less attractive given the proximity of the M50. And the road outsdie is basically the main access to Riverwood / Coolmine area, so uit get very busy.Not for everyone.

Riverwood itself is probably a better bet - it's closer to amenities, train at Coolmine is no more than say 20 mins from the furthest part of Riverwood, also has access to shops / doctor / pharmacy / pub near by. I can imagine that the traffic noise near Mulberry must be a factor when preople are living there. You would get a 3 bed in Riverwood for the low 500k mark at the moment.

Hi,

one thing to remember is that the M50 noise is not at its max at the moment. A lot of the time the traffic is crawling and so is quiter. When the toll bridge is removed and the extra lanes are introduced, i think the noise level will increase substantially.

The lutrellstown wood and glen area is also nice- streets ahead of mulberry excuse the pun. The noise level can only go up

The whole area is a nightmare for traffic though. There's no way to avoid it.

thanks for all your input. much appreciated. It appears like everyone is of the same opinion concerning the estate. implying that market value can only but decrease overtime really.