MS Word Help

DubShelley

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can help me. I'm creating a temporary menu for a newly opened cafe. I have a black border which I selected from the list of borders already installed. It basically has a thick black line with a thinner line insert. I was wondering is there anyway to fill in the white space between the 2 lines? I've been racking my brains and searched online for a similar border I could use with no luck. A simple fill effect doesn't work as it fills the entire page...

Anyone any ideas? Thanks! ;)

Thanks,
Michelle

Hi Michelle, you could use the line drawing tool to draw a line between the two borders, you can choose the size of the line to fill the space, and then choose the color of the line.

Alternatively, you can change the border to a single, thick black line border as opposed to the double one, if it's to be all black.

Use a 3 x 3 table instead?

You can set the border to whatever you like, and can select the background colour in the Table>Table Properties>Borders and Shading

Make the edge cells narrow and format the edge cells the way you want.

I can mail you an example of you like. PM me if you do.

Thanks for your posts guys! I should have explained that the border I'm used has a kind of jagged kind of edging on that looks really good. I don't think straight lines would give the same effect.

Not to worry, I'll just leave it as is...or else get my markers out :p

could you try drawing another box just inside the two lines, making inside colour 'none' then making the border of the box thick enough to touch both of your lines and colouring the border.

Back