MPV v Jeep

C

CarolineD

I'm currently driving a ford S-max but am so tempted to trade for a jeep / pick up (despite increases in tax). Any opinions on the nissan navara.

Thanx

Stay away from Jeep. The Cherokee & Grand Cherokee are not supposed to be that reliable.

The S-Max is far better.

Are you thinking of going off road in the Nissan?

Don't bother unless you have real off roading to do. Jeeps do not/can not drive as well as a car based mpv.

What you have now is top of it's class.

try the honda crv and stay away from the nissan..
if you don't need to go off road then why pay the extra for the 4x4
honda is good on space,speed and comfort

I'm with the MPV supporters and love Hondas too - got a Honda Stream import recently with leather, auto, 6-7 seats, electric everything, rear park sensors, nice engine - what a fab car for not a lot of money.

SUVs look big and intimidating but they're a waste of money unless you going off road (.00001% of suv drivers!!) or doing 30k + miles per annum and you need the extra height for safer driving.

nissan in my eyes equal rubbish,clunky and not good value for money and that;s from experience

nissan in my eyes equal rubbish,clunky and not good value for money and that;s from experience

Have to disagree. I have an 07 x trail and its comfortable, no problems and very good value for money compared to other SUV on the road the moment.

Honda are overpriced in my eyes.

Ron, the main thing is that when people splash the cash they are happy with what they buy... the price of cars today is out of all control and the trade in values are pittance..the main dealers are screwing people.. from distance the xtrail looks good as it does on the TV but up close i wasn't impressed... i suppose people's different tastes is what causes to have choice and so many different brands..

anyone for a Tata

I have a 05 Nissan X-Trail and its very comfortable, roomy and well equipped (leather, climate control etc). Also very reliable and easy on diesel (approx 38 mpg). Plus you have the benefit of 4wd.

Hope thats of some help.

(PS: Its currently for sale as a new X trail ordered)

....SUVs look big and intimidating but they're a waste of money unless you going off road (.00001% of suv drivers!!) or doing 30k + miles per annum and you need the extra height for safer driving.

SUV's are not safer than ordinary cars. High centres of gravity make them more prone to toppling over infact. In addition their braking performance is inferior.

SUV's are not safer than ordinary cars. High centres of gravity make them more prone to toppling over infact. In addition their braking performance is inferior.
As are the crumple zones on most makes.
I'd stick with the S-max