MPV/estate - Suggestions wanted

Slim

Hi all,

I am planning to change the Mondeo 2.0 Diesel for a vehicle which I intend to drive to France next year [except for the wet bits] for the holidays. The new vehicle will need to be able to:
Carry 5 in comfort, all practically adults
Carry 3 bikes and a roof box
Carry all the paraphenalia for 2 women and 3 guys plus racquets/balls/body boards and maybe a half set of golf clubs,

I am thinking:
Renault Grand Scenic/Espace
Ford Galaxy/Seat Alhambra/VW Sharan
Chrysler Voyager
Passat/Mondeo Estate

Any other suggestions or comments on the above? good or bad?

Slim

I would stay away from any large Renault - I think most posters here would advise the same.

Wouldn't have much experience of the other examples you give but I reckon the Seat would give best value for money - haven't heard much negative press about it either.

We have Toyota Avensis Verso. 7 seater. Each of the back 5 seats acts as single seat so can remove any of the 5 in the back, this allows for room where you need it depending on bulk or size of whatever you are packing. They also slide up and back separately allowing those with long legs plenty of space.
It also carries our roofbox comfortably.We have diesel and find it quite economical. It also has large sunroof. We have only 3 kids so haven't travelled with all adults. Have travelled with 3 adults and three kids without any discomfort. If we are doing long travel with kids we take out one of middle seats and one of back two. Gives great space and means they can have their things beside them.

Hi Slim
I just bought a Ford S-max and love it. Always drove Toyotas before this but the S-max is a super car to drive (1.8 TDCI 6 speed, I would recommend the 6 speed esp for long drives in France). S-max or Galaxy would suit your needs. Both can take the five adults using just the first two rows of seats. That will leave you a huge boot plus when you get to france and unpack you can pop up the back seats drop the middle seat in the middle row and have a nice spacious car for touring around in.

Back