Mpeg file to DVD player

jalla

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how o convert a .mpeg, or .avi files so that I can play them on a DVD ?

Thanks,

J

You need a DVD authoring package such as CyberLink PowerProducer or Sonic MyDVD.

They're not expensive.

Be warned:

1: It's very slow.
2: Discs may not play on everyone's DVD player.
3: MPEG-2's from satellite are very troublesome, usually you'll lose lip-sync.

elefantfresh said:
i put this link on a different thread before http://www.nero.com/eng/index.html
nero does everything you could possibly want from a DVD/CD authoring package. you can download it here for free for a 30 day trial. its top class.
I used Nero to capture a wedding video from my DV camera and then recode from .avi to DVD. The recode didn't take that long (about 1.5 hours), but the audio is slightly out of sync with the picture and and there were some frames lost during capture which makes the video look jumpy.
The software is very easy to use though

Hey Lemeister - when you say dropping frames during capture, where exactly do you mean? do you mean when capturing form the camera to the PC? i use firewire and that seems to be pretty quick and effective. it has on occassion dropped frames but it seems to be rare enough. also i'm using adobe premiere to capture with. it all seems like a lot of trial and error to me!

Hi elefantfresh,
Yeah it was when capturing from the camera to the pc that the frames were lost, but I was using USB to capture and I think that might be part of the problem.
It most certainly is trial and error!

get a divx player and burn it as a data file to a CDR (takes 2 minutes) and its as good as a dvd - €40 in Dunnes at the moment

getoffthepot said:
get a divx player and burn it as a data file to a CDR (takes 2 minutes) and its as good as a dvd - €40 in Dunnes at the moment
Unless the DIVX player can play MPEG2 this will not work.

Some say they play MPEG2 but this is only if it's in the DVD VOB format.

You could convert to DIVX, takes hours to do.

But then the disc will only play on computers and DIVX players.

Lemeister - the USB i'd say is defo the problem there - i was using that originally and it was dropping frames everywhere. i don't understand all the ins and outs of it but as soon as i stuck a firewire card into my machine, everything worked grand. no more dropped frames at all. i think its something to do with the speed data can transfer at. firewire being faster than USB. computers eh!