MP3 players with memory card slots

zag

Does anyone know of any MP3 players that take memory cards ? Creative used to do one (the Muvo Sports I think) and they were clearing them on their ebay shop for a while, but I haven't seen them in ages.

The idea makes sense in a lot of ways - especially for the kids when you want to let them listen to stories (librivox, etc . . .). Instead of them having to navigate the menu system (recipe for disaster when you are driving) you can just load up the relevant memory card before heading off.

z

I have a Sandisk MP3 player that can take an SD memory card. You could have a look at their range.

7DayShop.com do a cheap and (mostly) cheerful one that can take 1MB SD cards but I found that it drains the single AAA battery very quickly (e.g. a couple of hours continuous use). They also bundle it with a 512MB SD card. As far as I know you can find oodles of SD card based MP3 players online if you do a bit of searching. Try eBay.

Thanks for the replies. I had assumed (incorrectly) that since Creative had stopped clearing them they had moved on and didn't make them anymore. Guilty of not pre-googling.

z