MP3 player with Radio

cullenswood

Hi,

Hi, I have been looking through other threads but couldn't find what I wanted.

Could anyone recommend a good value (preferably < €100) MP3 player that has an FM radio. It would have to have a radio, and as much memory as possible, but I'm fairly sure 512K is the highest I would get for that type of money?

Thanks

The Creative MuVo V200 512 Mb sells for around €120 (maybe cheaper online?) and has a built in FM Radio. You can get it with less memory for less money. Used one briefly some time back - seemed OK.

The one I used was bought in Dixons about 6 weeks back for €120. It might be worth a look at amazon, etc, to see if you can do better. Maybe someone else out there can recommend a few sites worth a look.

I use a CREATIVE MUVO 512Mb unit. It has what you are looking for and, if I rip to WMA at 64 kps, it can store more albums than I need at any given time.

Plus you can record the FM radio channel to WMA (@ 128 kps) though that function chews the battery.

Plus plus you can use it as an USB stick.

I bought it from [broken link removed]. Just checked and it's currently in stock at €115.00, including postage.

What's the quality like at 64kps? Or am I confused, I thought that
higher kps=higher quality?

CCOVICH said:
What's the quality like at 64kps? Or am I confused, I thought that higher kps=higher quality?

That one threw me too.
I ripped the same CD @ 128 kps MP3 & @ 64 kps WMA. I listened to the same track both ways and couldn't tell the difference.

Try it

There are loads of sites that deal with technical and audio quality comparisons of the different digital audio formats and bitrates on offer. [broken link removed] seems to give a good overview but there are loads more available through . From what I remember, and as evidenced by the posts above, WMA can often give better audio quality than MP3 at a given bitrate so lower WMA bitrates can approach the quality of higher MP3 bitrates while giving smaller files.

Back