mp3 player : earbuds too small

I

irishpancake

hi there

my wife recently got a mp3 player, rio carbon 6 gig. lovely little machine.

Just one problem, the supplied earbuds are way too big for her tiny little ears, and are uncomfortable to wear.

Can anyone recommend suitable alternatives, which would be comfortable to wear yet give as good sound quality, without being bulky?

Re: earbuds too small

hiya,

You might try something like these bang and olufesen ones that have a piece that goes behind the ear to hold it im place [broken link removed]

I don't like buds either - I must have tiny ears too. the head phones that I use have a big speaker bit - like the old over the head ones -and then a a piece that goes around the ear like the bang and olefesen ones. I find the much more comfy. I don't have them with me at the mo and I can't remember the make but I'll check it out and report back,

Gnash

Re: earbuds too small

I had the same problem with the earphones for my iPod. Bought in-ear headphones on ebay that come with different size fittings...one was small enough to fit in my ear. The brand was iSony. They work perfectly.

Check out SONY Fontopia headphones. They come with 3 pairs of earbuds of different sizes.

Start at :
[broken link removed]

You could then shop around for value.

fair play GNASH/TH/SB, thanx to you all for the prompt replys.

i will check out those Sony ones, as they will probably fit the bill (the ears i mean )

probably get them on eBAy

On a similar subject, how long do portable earphones/earbuds tend to last people? I find after a few months of winding and unwinding everyday the connection becomes unreliable, and I have to buy a new pair. Sennheiser and Sony earphones seem to last me no longer than cheap ones from Argos. Anyone got a personal recommendation on durable earphones?