MP3 Options

Kine

Hi,

I'm currently looking for a new MP3 player as my one is in the process of dying (of course, one month out of warranty...) and am looking at viable alternatives.

Currently I own an Archos 204, went for it due to the simplicity of the system, no need for any proprietary software etc. It's capacity is (I think) 20gigs.

I'm completely open to suggestions for a new one, anything but an apple ipod (don't ask the reasons....) and I think it'll have to be >8gig big, as my Iron Maiden collection alone is about 2gigs! I'm just not sure where the best priced ones are. HMV only do iPods (grrr) and presume the cheapest option is online?

Any help / advice is appreciated,

K

Have a look on pixmania.com - they have a good few other options like Creative etc. They've got a 8gb Creative for only 65e - heck, if that died after a year its only cost you a little over a euro a week!

Stick with the archos. I prefer 402's. Can still get them cheap on ebay. Easy to change the battery when it becomes knackered.
Very easy to use. Supports windows folders and does not need converting.

Cool, will reply in more detail a little later, too swamped in work to look at closely...