Mp3 for the car

Zapatista

Is there an Mp3 player available for cars. I know you can get Car Stereos with Mp3 playback, you can play cd's with Mp3 files saved on them. What I'm looking for is a version of the ipod/creative Mp3 player, etc. that can be put into the car.

Ps: I don't want to get an FM receiver.

Check out this thread.

Don't really know... I heard somewhere (althought im far from certain) that all new Merc's from the top of the range now come with a port for slipping your ipod into for playback through the cars speakers... so maybe you could buy a new merc!

You can get car stereos (such as Aiwa) that have a phono socket on the front that allow you to plug in your ipod or whatever and play through the aux in channel on the stereo.

Thanks for the advice guys. I like the sound (excuse the pun) of playing it through the aux channel on the car stereo. I might give that a go.

You could also get an fm transmitter to broadcast your mp3 player signal to your car radio. It usually works quite well. I picked one up from the link below for a friend. This would of course work with cd-players, walkmans, whatever.
The I-river aft-100.

FM Transmitters
http://www.egears.co.uk/

As discussed previously on AAM, and in my humble opinion, the FM transmitter is not a good solution, particularly on longer trips (in Ireland or abroad), due to contention for frequencies. It is precisely on these longer trips that the MP3 jukebox would be at its most useful.

Dont waste your money on FM transmitters. I got one and its total This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language

Hmm well I have only brief experience with the one I picked up and its done several trips from Dublin to the west and back with no major problems at all.

Fm transmitters seem to vary in quality too though. Anyway just a suggestion. I didn't look at the other thread before pointing it out.