Mozilla-Thunderbird+Firefox Open source

dimo

Just a message to say how impressed I am with these products.

I've recently made the move away from Microsoft Products .. outlook and IE as I was sick of them, so I've moved to using Mozilla Thunderbird as an email client (availing of pop3) and Mozilla Firefox as the browser. Both Free and Open Sourced.

So far so good, in fact I think they're really good. I transferred address books and bookmarks with relative ease. I haven't gone the full hog yet and left the Microsoft OS to Linux or another Open OS but I fully intend to .

http://www.mozilla.org/products/

by the way I don't work for them so don't come crying to me if you do decide to switch and it goes wrong

Welcome to Firefox Dimo! Its great is'nt it? I've been usein using it for the best part of a year now.

CGorman said:
Welcome to Firefox Dimo! Its great is'nt it? I've been usein using it for the best part of a year now.

hello CGorman
impressed now I must say, the amount of tweaks ...themes extensions available add a bit of jazz also. I'm a pc user and was able to add that nice mac gui to the thunderbird client for example, its the way of the future obviously.

One of the great things about thunderbird is that it works in the same way cross-platform. Unlike a lot of proprietary software that has huge differences depending on if you are using a PC, Mac or Linux.
If you are concerned about scammers there's a nice SPF plugin for thunderbird:
[broken link removed]