Moving USD from Paypal to a bank account

tanzius

I would like to find a solution for moving my USD in Paypal to a bank account in Europe. The banks in my country can open USD accounts however they don't allow cards to be issued for these accounts, and Paypal for my country only allows me to transfer to a card and not directly to a bank account.

So what I require is a bank in Europe where I can open an account in USD and which gives me a card for that account, so I can then transfer funds from Paypal to said bank account.

Anyone been through this process before?

Can you transfer the USD from your Paypal account to a EUR 'card'? You will be exposed to a EUR/USD FX rate which will be below the market rate.

I think you will struggle to find a retail bank that will offer a USD card. Lots of banks here off USD accounts but not USD cards.

You could open an offshore account where you will be given a USD card.

Yes the automatic conversion is what I'm trying to avoid.

I don't understand what is the problem with offering a USD card, do you know the reason for that?

And if I go for offshore, where should I go?

The problem is that it is such a niche request that banks do not offer this product.

There are plenty of offshore options. Most of which require fee payments or minimum deposits. Research is required here.

Alright, I would have thought it's not such a niche thing with so many businesses selling online.

I'll continue searching but if anyone has been through the same thing would appreciate any bank suggestions.

Anyone can offer any options here? I'm still stuck on this one. Any banks in Europe where I can open a USD account and get a card associated with it?