Moving To Wexford

D

debs28

I am moving to Wexford/Enniscorthy soon and wondered what are good and safe places to bring up children in Wexford/Enniscorthy? Estates with other young families etc

Hi;

I am orginally from Wexford town and go down every month. Can you tell us how close you want to be to the town or how far out you would accept?

I have a friend living in Ashbrook estate..seems a pretty nice place to live..10-15 min walk from the town! Enniscortys a nice spot!

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, it's very much appreciated.

Would like to be no more than 10 mins from Enniscorthy town or Kilmuckridge I'm thinking. I'm not tied to any area and if there are particularly nice areas to live around the place I would greatly appreciate some information.

Ps: Would you happen to know what Ballymurn, Clonegal, The Paddock or Beachbrook park are like? How far a drive are they from Enniscorthy?

Thanks again

I wouldnt know enniscorthy that well, but the best thing would be to rent for a few months and get a feel of the area. There was a new development out by Kilmuckridge but not sure whats it like, houses looked really well though

You should take into account that draft proposals have been submitted for an extension to the Gorey bypass, which will also become the Enniscorthy bypass when it's completed... that would have major implications for you if travelling to Dublin, among other things, is of any importance to you - by which I mean, you might like to choose an area not too far from the bypass.

These don't give much info, but might put you on the right track...

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

Enniscorthy is a lovely town, a little rural, but in a charming way- be aware that most of the night-life centres around pubs... which, fair enough, is typical in Ireland. You might want to consider someplace between Enniscorthy and Wexford town though... Wexford town is a beauty, and thriving at the moment... amazing shopping, lots of festivals, especially the Opera Festival, which extends way beyond opera and incorporates a plethora of varied musical and artistic performance, fantastic race-course, one of the most beautiful beaches in Ireland (Curracloe), thriving Arts Centre, a ridiculous choice of excellent restaraunts, and pubs, state of the art cinema opening in June, loads of cafes, some very interesting development in the pipeline... etc, etc.

Sainttoff is right. It's a varied county, and renting for a while would be a good idea. I'd add to that and suggest dropping down for the odd weekend to explore. Chat to the locals.