moving to mobile phone provider

September18

My wife and myself are currently on pay as you go deal with mobile phones. We are thinking of switching to bill pay as it may be cheaper in the long run. Can anybody tell me which is the better providor? Vodafone, meteor 3 or o2??? we normally pay 10euro each a week . And for coverage too. Thank u:)

they are all pretty much the same price and offer wise a general rule of tumb is have a look at the mobile numbers you ring the most if most are vodafone then it will be cheaper to go with vodafone likewise for o2 meteor or 3 altho its getting more difficult to do this as alot of people change networks and keep there old number os just because its an 086 number it not always on o2

Hi September18,

I changed to 3 back in April as my husband joined them and they were doing a great deal at the time (free phone). I'm on the lower package and I get 100 anytime mins included plus have a few add-ons. Never had a bill so far above €35 p/m (was paying €60-€70 for the same with previous network) and the coverage is very good. Main reason I changed is that for an extra €3 or €4 p/m I have unlimited calls to any 3 network numbers. On higher tariffs they include free calls to any 3 network numbers. I kept my old number.

Only thing is they are not as flexible as say Vodafone would be. Otherwise so far great value for money. Husband is on 400 minute option and he is saving a fortune in comparison to his previous provider.

best advice is to shop around and see what deals are out there at the moment that suit you both. as previous poster said each will have good deals for calls to their own network.

Perhaps you could go and talk to someone in a shop which isn't run by one of the networks - e.g. Carphone Warehouse. They are supposed to give you the best advice based on your usage and requirements, and can get you connected to any of the networks.

(no connection - pun unintended! - to the store)

Back