Moving to Limerick? Any developments to avoid in Castletroy area?

messyleo

Hi guys

I am moving to Limerick (from Dublin ) for a job soon and am looking for some advice. I would be hoping to move to Castletroy as the location would suit but was just wondering if there are any developments to avoid? There seems to be a dearth of one-bed apartments there (and only one or two two beds) at the minute according to daft.ie. Is there a better, more Limerick-oriented renting site I am missing out on or anything? Also any spots in town I should avoid (I'm a girl, so not exactly the handiest at defending myself lol!)

I have searched previous threads but the last one was from a year or so ago I think - so an update would be good!

Thanks a million

Do you have your own transport? Because there are some lovely spots a few miles out the Dublin Road (Castletroy itself is fine, too, but lots of rented student accommodation).

I wouldn't say too much has changed in a year.

Thanks for that Dr - unfortunately I do not drive so that option would probably be out but thanks for the suggestion

As DrMoriarty said Castletroy is lovely but unless you want to live near students be careful where you rent. If you get an address in Monaleen you will have a better chance of not renting with Students and there are two buses to city centre one a private company. If you see anywhere you think suits I am very familiar with area I will give you my opinion on it.

The Limerick post is good for limerick rentals. I agree with Hans on Monaleen, less students.