Moving to Limerick? Any developments to avoid in Castletroy area?

messyleo

Hi guys

I am moving to Limerick (from Dublin :() for a job soon and am looking for some advice. I would be hoping to move to Castletroy as the location would suit but was just wondering if there are any developments to avoid? There seems to be a dearth of one-bed apartments there (and only one or two two beds) at the minute according to daft.ie. Is there a better, more Limerick-oriented renting site I am missing out on or anything? Also any spots in town I should avoid (I'm a girl, so not exactly the handiest at defending myself lol!)

I have searched previous threads but the last one was from a year or so ago I think - so an update would be good!

Thanks a million :)

Do you have your own transport? Because there are some lovely spots a few miles out the Dublin Road (Castletroy itself is fine, too, but lots of rented student accommodation).

I wouldn't say too much has changed in a year.

Thanks for that Dr - unfortunately I do not drive so that option would probably be out but thanks for the suggestion :)

As DrMoriarty said Castletroy is lovely but unless you want to live near students be careful where you rent. If you get an address in Monaleen you will have a better chance of not renting with Students and there are two buses to city centre one a private company. If you see anywhere you think suits I am very familiar with area I will give you my opinion on it.

The Limerick post is good for limerick rentals. I agree with Hans on Monaleen, less students.

Back