Moving to Lahinch: working in Shannon

• Thread starter billisharry
  • Start date
B

billisharry

Moving to Clare - thinking of moving to Lahinch. Any info that may help my family with the move. We have one boy that is going into High Infants in September.
I will be working in Shannon, is there any other towns/villages that can be recommended?

Re: Moving to Lahinch

Hi,

Welcome to AAM.

If you run the search option in this forum only you may find some previous threads on Clare. are an example.

Re: Moving to Lahinch

Lahinch is a small town. There is no Dunnes or Tesco and there are no regular public transport link to Limerick,Galway, Dublin etc. That said, it's beautiful especailly when the sun is shining.

Personally, I'd prefer Ennis.

Where are you moving from. Are you a townie?

billisharry, lahinch to shannon will be a fair commute every day. i'd say you're looking at well over an hour each way.
lahinch is lovely in summer when the sun is shining but i'm not sure there'd be too much going for it in winter(i may be wrong)

Ennis to Shannon would be a grand commute, and I know of a couple of people who commute from the west coast to Ennis. But Lahinch to Shannon feels a bit far. Could you driv there and back in a day to give it a try?

Hi there

The Lahinch road can be absolute murder if the weather is good or there is a festival on...Also, Lahinch is dead in the winter.

I would move nearer to Ennis and do the commute to the beach as and when you wanted to go, instead. There's no quality of life in a long hard commute..you may as well be living in Dublin. But that's just my opinion..if you have to do it that's differant.

Back