Moving to Co. Sligo - Person-With-Truck/ Driver wanted

New Home

I'll be moving from Dublin to Co. Sligo in mid to late July and I'm on a tight budget (no removal expenses). I have quite a lot of stuff, and a Transit Van won't be large enough for one load. I'd rather not use a removal company as such 'cause the quotes I got were a joke, so I thought I'd rent a small truck (B driving licence) and move everything in one load, the only trouble is that I've only a provisional licence. I'm looking either for a person with a small truck, or for someone who would be willing to drive a rental truck. I'd be packing and loading the stuff myself. Thanks.

A few months later...

I must say, Fintan (One Man And His Van) was very efficient, courteous and reliable, and he was very careful with my belongings, and he even charged me less than his initial quote!

I highly recommend his Company, and I will contact him again should I need to move again in the future!

Many thanks for suggesting his website!

How's the move to Sligo going? What part did you move to? I'm a Sligoman myself, from Grange village in north Sligo. Would be interesting to see other people's view of Sligo.

Hi cbruen1, I'm in South Co. Sligo - apart from being nice and quiet, which is what I was looking for, I haven't made up my mind about the place yet - it's early days yet! :-D

Please keep any discussions on the merits of a particular area to the "Location, Location, Location" or "Shooting The Breeze" forums.
Leo