Moving to Carlow

Hi. we are looking to buy in Carlow in the next few months and my partner will have to commute to Dublin 4 nights week but we are hoping the lifestyle will be worth it as we have 2 children, anyway just wondered if anyone knows The Paddocks estate in Brownshill or know of the builders Nesselside builders from Tulllow, their reputation etc? Also just wondered crimewise what is Carlow like and is it rough for children? Look forward to any replies, thanks

I would go for Carlow over Tullow but would hate to live in either. fairly young town for nightlife because of the college but no industry to speak of now.

I would also pick Carlow over Tullow. I live in the Brownshill / Bennekerry area, The Paddocks is a nice estate, I would imagine full of families like yourselves with parents commuting to Dublin. Crime is no worse than in any small town, I would have no problem walking home from town with my other half after a saturday night out... i always think you'll find trouble if you go looking for it! Schools are good in the area also, closest one in town is Askea, separate boys and girls schools but are situated side by side. also a county school in Bennekerry beside the church, has also got a pretty good reputation. Would have no problems with the building company either, they own / have built most of Carlow town over the past 10 years. PM me if you want any more info. Bluebell.

I live just outside Tullow in a very rural area but with good ns close by and easy access to Tullow. Tullow property can be cheaper then Carlow especially if you want a house on some land but Carlow has a lot more going for it in terms of shops, nightlife, etc. It depends what you want. If you work in west dublin then the Tullow commute is not bad at all. The Carlow to Dublin commute can be a bit of a nightmare especially with all the red cow works but if you are doing it at night this shouldn't be an issue.