moving to ardee

S

suziesue

hi myself and my boyfriend are thinking of moving to ardee were a couple in our 20s and i was looking for any information ppl might have as i heard its a bit off a rough place plus is it a far comute to get to the aerport r'bout ..

many thanks for any replys

I don't think Ardee is particularly rough. Neither do I think it very exciting or interesting.

The commute is easy -- good link road to the M1, 45 minutes without pushing hard.

Is it worth going that far out when property prices much closer to the airport are still falling? Remember that commuting costs time and money.

Hi I am from Ardee and its no rougher than any other town in Ireland. Its ideal for commuting to Dublin or Belfast and Dublin airport is not far. There are plenty of nice housing estates and lots of rental properties to choose from. The pubs are good and the night life is similar to other small towns. Its not a bad place and there are plenty of shops and buses to nearby towns.

I'm also from Adree, but haven't live there for nearly 8 years, but I do go back often.

It only 35 minutes to the Airport (motorway) and it can be a bit rough if you plan on going out a 2-3 in the morning on the week end acting the maggot (like Denali .

It not a bad place to live, I don't under stand why you don't consider Swords?

Hi like previous poster I think there are nicer towns nearer eg Dunleer, Drogheda, Tullyallen(just outside Drogheda).
Nothing much of particular note in Ardee to draw you there.
All the others are closer to Dub(as you appear to want) and have more amenities.