Moving SSIA money to Rabo

garythegreat

I have my SSIA in an EBS optimize (they just put it in there when the SSIA expired). I also have a rabodirect account.

How do I physically go about gettting the money from my EBS optimize account (which I have no online access to) into the Rabo account?

And another thing,Im currently doing some work in the UK and thus being paid sterling into a Lyods TSB accoutn I have set up over there. If i do a DD each month from there into my Raboaccount will I get stung with exchange rates etc?

And another thing, does anyone know the cheapest way to change about 3k sterling into euros? (why couldnt they just join the euro!!)

Thanks for the help!
[broken link removed]

I have my SSIA in an EBS optimize (they just put it in there when the SSIA expired).
They presumably notified you that this would happen around the time the SSIA4 form was sent out?
How do I physically go about gettting the money from my EBS optimize account (which I have no online access to) into the Rabo account?
Tell them you want to close the account, get a cheque for the proceeds, lodge it to your current account and then transfer it from there?
And another thing,Im currently doing some work in the UK and thus being paid sterling into a Lyods TSB accoutn I have set up over there. If i do a DD each month from there into my Raboaccount will I get stung with exchange rates etc?
Yes - of course somebody will charge you for converting the money from £ to €.
And another thing, does anyone know the cheapest way to change about 3k sterling into euros? (why couldnt they just join the euro!!)
Lots of existing threads on this already.

You can lodge funds into your RaboDirect account by:
- Using the Rabo Money Mover service [broken link removed]
- Using existing online banking or telephone banking services of your primary bank (although this doesn't seem to apply to you re your post above)
- Sending a cheque

We do not currently accept international payments - in or out or DD's.

Ah - I didn't realise that you could [broken link removed] send a cheque. Was this facility only added recently?

Ah - I didn't realise that you could [broken link removed] send a cheque. Was this facility only added recently?

No. We've always accepted cheques for lodgements. Natually our preference is for electronic payments as they are cheaper and quicker to process but we've been taking cheques since we launched.