Moving sky dish to new house

jccf2003

Do we have to get an installer to move our sky dish? The new house has a connection where there used to be a dish outside and there's cabling inside to various rooms. If we just set up our old dish outside, will we just be able to ring sky and tell them we've moved? Is there more to it than that?

Thanks!

You can fit the dish in the new location yourself,but you have to get sky to realign it as there is a very specific location to point the dish towards the satalite. Also,you will need probably need to inform sky that you have moved

jccf2003

We moved our sky dish once while we were doing some construction work.
It was straight forward to realign it with the SKY satellite.

If possible see if any of your neigbours have dishes and check out what way they are facing. If not the satellite is in the south/south eastern sky not far above the horizon.

There is a screen on the sky service that allows you to check your signal strength and quality. I can't remember where it is - services - ??
Have someone watch the TV screen while someone adjusts the dish. This is how we did it. It was easy and worked a treat.

If you're not confident enough in moving the dish yourself, Sky will install a new one for you at your new home (info ). Last time I checked the charge was €65, but the back page of your Sky magazine will have the exact cost. Note that is for a new dish and required cables, you leave the old one in-place at your old house.

S.

Ok, so what I think what we'll do is take down the dish (have to do that this w/e anyway) and try installing it ourselves (loads of people have dishes round here so we can see the approx direction) - if we can't get it to work we'll ring sky! Thanks!

If your initial one year subscription is up, why don't you get a new subscription. You'll probably get a cheap box, and I think you get a few months free sub to movies, sports etc. check their website.

Back