Moving on from FTB home

wanttomove

Just looking for some advice please.
Current home 10+years with Ptsb mortgage (not tracker) we were 1st time buyers. Now, we want to sell up and move on. Just want to have all our ducks in a row before approaching banks.

Would it be prudent to have credit card and credit unions loans all paid off before approaching bank? This may take a year or 2 but can be done however this would eat any personal savings we have.
Also, my husband now has his own business which, thankfully, is doing well and has been for a number of years now. Would the business bank account balance be taken into account when applying for a mortgage?
Cheers for any advice.

I would not use up the savings to pay off the debt in my opinion. If you have a current successful payment plan I would thinnk showing you can successfully pay off the debts as well as save would be more beneficial.

It may depend on the level of unsecured debt you have. If you are going in looking for a mortgage with €20k in credit card debt then that may be frowned on. Your ability to repay is factored in. It's a different story if you only had a few hundred euro in such debt.