Moving Kitchen to Sitting Room

Roc

Hi - we've seen a house we really like but the kitchen is where we would like the sitting room to be and vice versa (we ideally want the kitchen overlooking the back so that we can see the kids play when cooking etc). Both rooms are around the same size (19ft x 10) and I was wondering if anyone has any idea of approximate costs involved in taking out the existing kitchen and installing it in the sitting room (it would include taking down tiles, putting up tiles plus moving the presses, cooker, hob etc). I know this would be hard to judge in terms of costs but we are trying to figure out roughly if we could afford the house. Manythanks

Don't forget the re-wiring. Power points are at counter level in kitchen and probably low in sitting room. Kitchen also has special circuits e.g. oven that may need wiring directly back to circuit board and unusual points e.g. high level for extractor if used. That's a lot of wall-chasing and refinishing along the route to the mains entry point.

If it's any help, Roc, I moved a kitchen from one end of a kitchen/dining room to the other last year, so I could install French doors at (what is now) the dining room end. Work included new kitchen unit supply & fit, electrical work, plumbing, tiling, plastering (where the old tiles were removed) and french door supply and fit. Came in just under €11000. I didn't have to spend money on the floor, as I was able to keep the laminate floor which was already there.

Plumbing would be a big expense here wouldn't it - I think it can add up when you have to move waste pipes etc, those plumbers and sparks are expensive

Thanks a mill for all your replies. Great to know it shouldn't cost an arm and a leg. Cheers