Moving Internet Explorer Favorites from PC to PC

JohnJoe

Is there an easy way to move Internet Explorer favorites from one PC to another PC. I am changing PC and it would be good to transfer the favorites easily. Thanks!

I'd love an answer to that too please, just moving PC too. Tried emailing them as a link but didn't seem to work.

The easiest understood and quickest way to transfer the favorites is as follows. There is a 'favorites' folder inside 'mydocuments' folder. Copy this across to the new pc in the exact same location.

For a bit more effort :

The automated way is on these webpages and its called the 'files and settings transfer wizard'
The 'files and settings transfer wizard' does exactly as its name implies and acts to transfer the old configuration into the new instalation.

i use the google tollbar. It will import your favourites. When you log in on the new computer, it will appear like magic!

Find your "Favorites" folder in Windows explorer (use the search facility to speed the process), and copy the folder to a disk or memory stick. Find the favorites folder on the new PC and paste the contents of the folder from your memory stick.
I did this recently when I changed PCs and it worked fine. The search facility in Windows explorer (annoying dog aside!) helped me to get where I needed.

Last edited:
try storing them [broken link removed] so you can access them wherever you go without manually transferring them