moving in to investment property

mikeyny

mikeyny and mrs mikeyny are giong to relocate to Ireland .
one of my houses has become vaccant and we are going to move in to it next month . i bought it as an investment in 2003 and it will become our PPR .
does anyone know of any income tax , stamp duty ,CGT issues etc that i would need to be aware of ?
for example.
what happens the remainder of the depreciation for the contents that i have not been able to claim?

Can i store the furniture and depreciate it for the remaining years , its likely i will need it in the future as i have other property that i am renting at the moment .

in addition we may not be in that house for long , could get another house or could move back to the USA if we find it difficult to adjust

everyone else that posts here seems to be doing the opposite converting PPR to investment and the issue has been dealt with at length

thanks
Mikeyny

Hi there, I also find myself in the same position of moving back (sooner than expected) so having paid full investor - rate stamp duty etc. last year, am I entitled to claw-back any of this if the property now becomes my PPR?

I have also searched for threads on this however it mainly seems to be people coverting their PPR to an investment policy in which case they pay the clawback - but can anyone tell me if this works the other way around too ??

Rebel said:
Hi there, I also find myself in the same position of moving back (sooner than expected) so having paid full investor - rate stamp duty etc. last year, am I entitled to claw-back any of this if the property now becomes my PPR?

I have also searched for threads on this however it mainly seems to be people coverting their PPR to an investment policy in which case they pay the clawback - but can anyone tell me if this works the other way around too ??
No - afraid not.

Back