Moving company / hauliers / man with van from UK to Ireland

pflangan

Myself and the family are moving back to Ireland in the next month, and I need to find a lorry to move our stuff back. I think anything the size of a transit / white van or bigger would take everything.

We're moving from Blackpool to Galway.

Any suggestions.

Obviously, with the mass exodus out of Ireland at the minute, I'm guessing there are quite a few empty lorries doing the return trip, and would like to make use of this to get a good price.

Thanks in advance.

Well, hardly mass exodus, but 4 Polish professionals that I know have made the decision to go in the last 6 weeks or so - maybe this is the sort of thing the OP is referring to?

It's just that I to a shipping company a couple of days ago and they said that there are lots of lorries coming from ireland full, and not very many going back with a full load, with a large proportion going to france.

there are lots of lorries coming from ireland full, and not very many going back with a full load.

Use this fact to bargain on the price. Nobody wants to send an empty lorry anywhere.
Look at some of the Irish newspapers - There are lots of adds in there - Irish Post / Irish World (cant remember all the names of the Irish papers you can get in the UK)

A few years ago I used Irish Removals +442083617493 to move a large kitchen table and chairs from London to Cork. They put it on a part-load with other deliveries and worked out fine for me.

I've no idea how they compare pricewise, as I had to arrange it at very short notice and just took the first company who said they could do it on the day I needed it.

I used Oman (oman.ie) to move from the UK to Ireland a number of years ago. Very happy with the service - they used a local contractor in the UK and were able to store for me at no extra charge until I was ready to receive in Ireland.

Back