Moving bank - interest only mortgage on investment property

dublin123456

Hi,

I have been messed around by my bank PTSB and would like to change bank, I have an interest only mortgage on an investment property, Can anyone recommend a good bank ?

Thanks.

Re: Moving bank - Interert only morgage

NIB Ballymount ask for Brendan I found him to be great

How are they messing you around?
Are they charging too much interest or are you looking for another loan?

I have an existing IOM with PTSB and want to change bank. For example they lost some documents relating to my life policy asked me to come in and sign when I had already signed etc. Found it very difficult to get in contact with the right person etc and was told they were on a training course or had moved to a new role. Was put on hold only to listen to two employees in the background talk about what they did on Saturday night if you know what I mean. Bank manager retired without passing on vital info. regarding my acc. I do not want to go into specific detail etc. All in all I have found them to be completely unprofessional and unhelpful, they would be better off training a few monkeys etc. Sorry for ther rant.

I would recommend Caroline McQuaid in the Blanchardstown branch of Ulster Bank. I switched over to them (although it was a regular annuity mortgage) with their switcher package and all was very smooth and hassle free (1 visit to the bank, 1 visit to their solicitor and that was it-knocked 11 years off my mortgage like that!)

I wanted a meeting with them to talk about a top-up and when I called them yesterday they were very responsive. You genuinely get the feeling they actually want your business. The same can't be said for AIB in my experience. All very subjective I know, I'm sure there are plenty of great AIB people, but I never found them to be appreciative of my business.

Back