Moving bank current account ?

DirectDevil

Apologies in advance if this has already been done. The question only arises for me now.

I have a current account with ABC Bank. I am having a bit of a snot with them and may decide to move to XYZ Bank instead.

Is it still as awkward to move banks as previously or what is the procedure ? I have direct debits, standing orders and direct lodgements running in and out of the present account.

Most Banks do the ground work for you under an agreed system.
It sorts DD,s lodgments etc. It normally works quite well.

{snot} with them = join a long queue !
I see none of them very different so maybe hang in with them for now and open another account so if {snot} continues you can flit easily .

I had to move from Danske and chose PTSB for the free banking. They have a 'Switching Team' which arranged the transfer of DDs etc. without any no hassle. I am finding their online banking very good and customer service by telephone excellent when necessary to contact them.

I too moved from Danske to PTSB for the free banking however I preferred to transfer all DDs etc. myself. The online and telephone service is very good.

Thanks to everyone. Nothing like being armed with good information when dealing with these financial hooligans