Moving Abroad in 2009 - Suggestions

E

Extraplus

I am an accountant and thinking of moving abroad in 2009.

I don't have any kids so am open to pretty much anywhere once I can get a job and make some money. I don't speak a second language though.

Any suggestions for places to look into?

I am an accountant and thinking of moving abroad in 2009.

I don't have any kids so am open to pretty much anywhere once I can get a job and make some money. I don't speak a second language though.

Any suggestions for places to look into?

Australia or New Zealand or Canada would be my preferences.
Melbourne, Auckland or Vancouver.

+1

Apparently you have to 35, or younger,
This restriction only applies to the Work in Canada Programme, which is not points-based:
[broken link removed]

It does not apply if you are sponsored (offered a job by a Canadian company before applying for a visa) or if you apply directly to Canada for one of their points-based residence visas (they can take years though).

One of the tax-haven places in the Caribbean? Bahamas? Cayman?

Or, if you want to be closer to here and prefer our type of climate, but a little sunnier, perhaps Jersey?

Would second Australia - fantastic place. If you are under 30 the working holiday visa is easy to obtain. You could then try for longer term sponsorship once you are over there.

If you are over 30 you could apply for skilled migration although this can take up to 12 months to come through.
Accountants have always done well in Australia although the market is a lot slowere there than it once was. USIT often have seminars on working in Australia, Canada etc
www.usit.ie

Aussie visa info here
www.immi.gov.au

Best of luck

I understand the Middle East is potentially a good move, anyone have any comments?

Thanks for the suggestions folks.

Australia does seem to be the obvious choice, but people I have spoken to who live out there says jobs are very hard to get at the moment.

I will look a bit further into Canada, and possibly the tax haven areas mentioned.

Thanks again.

have never worked abroad before but was at a meeting the other night and the headmaster of my kids Gaeilscoil was talking about this and he was saying that Australia wasgone for now nothing left there and he sugguested Norway seems to think there is a great chances out there hope this helps

The Canadian financial system appears to be untouched by scandals. A friend whose first husband was a Canadian said they are too dull and boring to be embezzlers!

Back