Moving a wooden shed

Brianne

We need to move our wooden shed, aged 8 years, to the end of the garden. At present it is supported on four blocks and was erected by the company who supplied it. Would anyone have advice on how best to do this? I know it is possible to dismantle this but if there was an easier way it would be great.
Many thanks

Have a shed moving party, I went to one once, beer & food supplied, then eight lads lifted the empty shed to new location in garden. Great night.

Once moved a small shed from one side of the garden to the other using scaffolding poles as rollers and levers. Need about 3 lads - should work if garden is reasonably flat

how big is the shed? what lfcjfc suggested sounds good. maybe take this approach in conjuction with ropes/straps underneath the shed.

Shed moving party also sounds good :) just move the shed before you open second round of bottles, one round of drinks is required to develop the strategy !

Once moved a small shed from one side of the garden to the other using scaffolding poles as rollers and levers. Need about 3 lads - should work if garden is reasonably flat
Yeah - we did something similar for a family member and it worked well for a medium to large sized wooden shed. You just have to be careful about not flexing the shed too much and hope that it's not too flimsy!

We need to move our wooden shed, aged 8 years, to the end of the garden. At present it is supported on four blocks and was erected by the company who supplied it. Would anyone have advice on how best to do this?

If you're in a rural area, and space/ accessibility isn't an issue, you might be able to get a farmer with a front loader ( the type for lifting pallets ) to move it for you.

No , we're not in a rural area. The shed party or in other words coaxing the son and his friends with lubricant to do the job sounds good.

Shed moving party is a good idea, I have one planned for the June bank holiday. Four lads, two lengths of rope (heavy duty), put the rope under the empty shed close to the corners, one on each end of rope and lift.

Four of us lifted one from one end to the other.......just take out the landmower and any other heavy stuff and away you go!

Thanks to Sue Ellen and all who replied. Sue Ellen , that thread was very useful. I did a search but nothing showed up. Lots to think about and discuss with the 'Boss'!!!

Back