Movies with just men or women not both

I was going to suggest Ice Station Zebra but was convinced for some reason there was a russian love interest on the sub.

I don't think so, but there was an initial scene where the US sub captain gets orders in the back room of a English pub, so there may be a woman in that scene.

I don't think so, but there was an initial scene where the US sub captain gets orders in the back room of a English pub, so there may be a woman in that scene.

Bar or Lounge?

To my knowledge officers are not allowed to drink in bars but they can drink in the lounge so it is quite possible women could have been there.

To my knowledge officers are not allowed to drink in bars but they can drink in the lounge so it is quite possible women could have been there.

I think it's fraternisation between officer and enlisted members that are unduly familiar which may be prejudicial to good order and discipline and compromise the chain of command. (US Navy Regs.)

A senior commanding officer such a Navy Captain or Commander would probably be given latitude in this matter?

I recall some years ago I had a friend in the FCA who was not allowed to drink in the bar because he was an officer.

To my knowledge this applies to all professional armies.

Re Bar versus Lounge, I recently read '633 Squadron' on which the film of the same name is based, and it has frequent references to UK naval officers in the off base local pub, I think for both bar and lounge - maybe this rule was relaxed during WW2?

Also having recently read 'Ice Cold in Alex' (also a film, set in WW2), the book explicitly refers to bar e.g. 'and the bar was quite empty'.

Then again film-makers/authors can make mistakes e.g. digital watch visible in Ben Hur (or something like that) etc.

film-makers/authors can make mistakes e.g. digital watch visible in Ben Hur (or something like that) etc.

I didn't know that they had digital watches back when the movie was made

Also having recently read 'Ice Cold in Alex' (also a film, set in WW2), the book explicitly refers to bar e.g. 'and the bar was quite empty'.

Great film that. Has the Carlsberg scene in it of course. It has a girl in it though.

The only film I can think of that might be all women is 'The women' - although I'm not sure if a sneaky man even walked across background scenes!

Just took a look on the laptop, initially the US captain came out of a 'Bar' after taking a phone call (clearly says says so, painted on wall outside) to go to the other pub he has the meeting (in a private dining room). When he walks out the door in the initial bar there's a blonde middle-aged woman in a hat visible for a few seconds to the right.

So Ice Station Zebra ruled out.

Great film that. Has the Carlsberg scene in it of course. It has a girl in it though.

Yes, she's also in 'A Town Called Alice' I think.

Just checked, different girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
No. He meets up with a living French(?) woman and her kid. And some of the zombies are women.

Are we counting female zombies?

Couple of possibilities:

Master & Commander: The Far Side of the World
King Rat