Movies with just men or women not both

S

S.L.F

Saw that people have been giving lists of movies, songs, terrible bands books and other stuff.

Thought I'd add one to stir up some brain cells movies that have only 1 sex ie men or women.

Hell in the pacific (Only 2 actors in it Lee Marvin and Toshhiro Mifuno)

Stalig 17 (a prisoner of war movie)

Kelly's Heroes (a Clint Eastwood movie)

One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich (Russian prison movie, very harrowing movie)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this might be a very short list if we don't loosen the rules a bit.

Hart's War?

How about "Bridge on the River Kwai" (David Lean). There were only a few women in that for decoration because the producers feared it wouldn't be commercial enough.

Or how about films completely balanced one way but with a star of the opposite sex that dominates it.

Aliens (Sigourney Weaver in a James Cameron film)

No, I think we have to stick strictly to the no opposite sex at all rule.
Vast majority would likely to be war or prison films I'd imagine, particularly those war films set at sea as women weren't allowed serve in WW2 etc.

OP, are we counting cross dressing, as I think some of the guys in Kelly's Heroes dressed up as Nuns...

No, I think we have to stick strictly to the no opposite sex at all rule.

OK really strict it is. If we're really strict we have to eliminate Kelly's Heroes as there were some women extras in the crowd at the end when the main body of Americans arrived.

The Shawshank Redemption, I don't think there were any women actresses in it.

Last edited:
At the end when Morgan Freeman was working in the supermarket.

Pretty sure there would have been some women in that scene.

Also was one of the parole board members a woman?

There were women in Shawshank redemption.

Reservoir Dogs - men only me thinks!

OK really strict it is. If we're really strict we have to eliminate Kelly's Heroes as there were some women extras in the crowd at the end when the main body of Americans arrived.

Forgot about them

The Shawshank Redemption, I don't think there were any women actresses in it.

I did think of this one but wasn't there a court room scene where the jury were both men and women, a scene where you see Tim Robbins characters wife and a scene where Morgan Freeman is working in a shop.

I see you all beat me to it bar the scene with Robbins Wife

Last edited by a moderator:
There were women in Shawshank redemption.

Reservoir Dogs - men only me thinks!

Afraid not!

There is a scene at the start where all the lads are in a diner and a waitress serves them.

I did think of this one too!

No, there were a good few in that. There's been a million Lord of the Flies remakes, which one?

There's a remake of The Women coming up with an all-female cast.

But there'll probably be a few long shots with men lurking around in the background unless they make an extra effort to keep them out.

A few suggestions (I'm sure they'll be shot down):

Ice Station Zebra
The Enemy Below
The Flight of the Phoenix (original)
The Desert Rats

Also was thinking Papillon, but the scene at the start where they're led through the street probably rules it out?

Lord of the Flies would be the first one

A few suggestions (I'm sure they'll be shot down):

Ice Station Zebra
The Enemy Below
The Flight of the Phoenix (original)
The Desert Rats

Ice Station Zebra was one I should have put down as I'm a fan of Alister Mclean
The Flight of the Phoenix was one I was about to put down before i was beaten to it.
Others never crossed my mind.

Also was thinking Papillon, but the scene at the start where they're led through the street probably rules it out?

Plus the scene where Papillion gets involved with the small fishing village and then meets the nuns who turn him in.

I was going to suggest Ice Station Zebra but was convinced for some reason there was a russian love interest on the sub.

S.L.F said:
Forgot about them

Do you mean forget about extras or exclude Kelly's Hereos because of them?

I have an extensive WW2/Cold War dvd collection, I'll check again this afternoon.