Movie making software

Ned_ie

Hi all

I have a cool new video cam that places the movie onto an SD card instead of a tape. My only problem is that I can't edit or view the clips as one movie. Also I can't burn the images to DVD.

The clips are viewed with quicktime. Is there anything out there that can help me so that I can give my brother his wedding video!!!!!!

Thanks a million

Ned_ie

Try the video options on the top100downloadz site. You should find something there, but if not I suggest you get a copy of Nero Premium 7. I use it as part of work and it will do exactly what you want, its around the 70e mark and well worth the money if you need it, but if its only for a once off then try and get a loan of it.

Did the camera not come with any editing software, I though most at least had a "lite" version of some sort of software?

Are the clips one of the quicktime formats such as .mov or .qt or has quicktime made itself the default player for other (more common open) formats such as .mpg/.mpeg?

No no software came with it.

It opens them in quicktime but maybe they are mpegs. The thing is I have thried to copy them and edit with windos movie maker but it doesn't like the file name!

If you use windows explorer to see the files, can you tell what extension they are? You might be able to get a file converter to convert them to avi or mpeg or whatever you need. Will they open in windows media player?

Thye won't open in media player. Haven't got any of teh files here so must check over the w/e.