move to Carlow from Dublin

C

chewie

Hi, i will be moving to Carlow permanently from Dublin in a couple of months, was going to find work locally but will have to keep current job in Dublin....does anyone know if theres any parking near the bus depot or train station to leave the car and commute via bus/train?

cheers,
chewie.

There is a car park at the train station but they've recently introduced pay parking there. There are schools in the vacinity of the station so road side parking is limited

The drive to Newlands Cross is a comfortable 50-60 minutes, you'd have the option of getting the Luas from the Red Cow, remember as well the Castledermot bypass and new motorway should hopefully open in a year or so

thanks mpsox for the below, I've an added problem I'll be based on the wrong side of Carlow town so I'll have to drive towards the town if I want to use the train or bus, I'll check out the train station to see if they do park & ride scheme!
I've driven up and down the dual carriageway & M7/9 at the weekends, i don't fancy the drive during the week.

Cheers,
chewie.

Hi chewie, I'm going to be in kinda the same boat soon enough. Just wondering if you've found a solution yet. I heard that you can commute by bus too, this was the option i was looking at as I work near the redcow and could hop off near there. thanks L